Talking Carlton Index Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington Lochie O'Brien Kerryn Harrington CFC Home CFC Membership CFC Shop CFC Fixture Blueseum
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Coping
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:52 pm 
Craig Bradley

bluedog wrote:
Bring on 2025.

Let's go!

Yep , can't come around quick enough .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2024 11:54 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ease up Dawwg….

I need to whinge and feel sorry for myself….
even if it’s just for a few more weeks…!

Then i need to complain about the trade period…!

And don’t get me started on the draft…he better
be the one one we wanted or I’ll lose my NUT…!

So yeah…just a few more weeks please…!

kindest regards tommi

Hey Dawwg…have we discussed the Evens dB
Mesh snare heads…?

Goodness me they’re nice…you get a beautiful
tight sound…almost compressed…!

I put a little wood block on the top edge too…
sounds really short…!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:35 am 
Serge Silvagni

to be honest, knowing the Hawks wont be making a GF in 2024 this early into finals helps me cope. they have already embarrassed us for showing how to draft and develop young players and recruit senior players. We've bemoaned not replacing Liam Jones since the day he suddenly retired, many inside Carlton are still bemoaning and observers of the game outside the club point to the obvious lack of a tall KPD to play second fiddle to Weiters the way Liam Jones was perfectly in sync when he left us.

Just watched the highlights from Hawks v Port. Hawks first three goals and their fifth all came from legit BS free kicks. not to mention Chol carrying the ball a least a foot outside the boundary for about 3 seconds prior to them getting the free that gave them their fifth goal (and racking up their tenth umpire's assist before half time).

Sicily hitting the goal post with his set shot from 40 m out on 30º angle just 64 seconds before the final siren (with score: Port 75 v Hawks 71) is mildly restorative too :-) HOK that in ya WOK and FRY it you eastern suburbs, Jeff Kennett loving, Liberal-voting w@#kers!

Meanwhile Hawks recruit two more decent quality senior list defenders during this season right under our nose. Can't say Barass and the other one are clearly better than Gov and Kemp (may be one day) but the fact is they just went a did it. We don't have the list or salary capacity to address our needs nor the high drat picks to build hope for tomorrow.

And incidentally, just read the Bulldogs used our pick #46 (which we gave up for the fortuitous Liam Jones KPF trade) to draft Caleb Daniel in 2014. In round 4 2016, Caleb Daniel was the round nominee for the 2016 AFL Rising Star after collecting 25 disposals in a 36-point win against Carlton. He would finish runner-up to Sydney's Callum Mills. Annoying too.

Last edited by diesel95 on Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:54 am 
Serge Silvagni

missnaut wrote:
Wojee wrote:
Hawks supporting family friend came over yesterday to meet our exchange student. Of course he was wearing Hawks gear.
First thing he said to me was, "stopped crying yet?"
I benignly told him I'd played old fart footy in Wodonga and was driving home when the game was on and hadn't watched it. Left him nowhere to go.

Probably won't watch the rest of the finals, and at this stage we'll be driving home from holiday on GF day.

Apart from the trade period and draft, AFL is done for the year for me.
Yeah Hawthorn can get stuffed too.
I grew up and live in the east where they're everyone's default team and the bandwagon is overloaded right now

Went to school with too many smug Hawthorn supporters. One of them fancied his Aussie Rules talent and his dad was on the Hawthorn Board or in the club administration or something. Big hitter at the club by all reports

THis guy played in our first 18 in year 10 and 11 I think but he didn't do year twelve. Andrew Demetrio came to the school ( i think it was while he was still deputy or heading up the Players Association position, not a FT position back then) to teach us politics when this particular Hawk-to-be was still at school and Andrew told us (and him in kinder words) he was “too fat and too lazy” to ever play AFL, LOL.

turned out Andrew was 100% on the money there (a first time for everything huh?) So yeah, hate the smug supporters but have admiration for their coach and team.

Hawks are coming together like a pavlova. Hope they arent the next Richmond at their peak, somehow more lucky than they deserve.

Post subject: Coping
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 12:27 pm 
Bruce Doull

Funny Demetriou calling a bloke lazy, only to years later get a smack on the hand for secretly bringing his own notes to a NSW government enquiry.

Sent from my moto g54 5G using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:00 pm 
Bruce Doull

Ay Dee….

one of the laziest blokes you’d ever meet…!

Soft as %#@$…!

Delegates…but never leads by example…never..!

kindest regards tommi